As we approach graduation day for the class of 2020, I want to provide important information. Law enforcement and security will be on-site at the event.This ceremony is...
5-13-20Modified Graduation CeremonyWe appreciate the support of our local law enforcement and the City of Butler as we continue to work through the specific details of the...
5-12-20Dear Senior Class of 2020:As I was thinking of you and how I might describe your class, the word ambitiouscame to mind. Throughout your high school years, the spirit...
EventsSEE ALL EVENTS
High School Prom
It is with regret that we must cancel the 2019-2020 Taylor County High School Prom. We wanted so much to host the high school prom and have explored all possibilities under current safety guidelines. Unfortunately, we find that anything that meets the standards of social distancing and other safety measures will deviate so much from a traditional prom that it will not be an enjoyable occasion. We apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause. The high school staff will follow up with more information.
The Taylor County High School Graduation Commencement Ceremony will be live streamed at 9:00AM on May 23. The link to view the ceremony is: https://bit.ly/3gaXOlA
As we approach graduation day for the class of 2020, I want to provide important information.
• Law enforcement and security will be on-site at the event.
• This ceremony is not open to the public.
• Each graduate should have received a numbered parking pass for one vehicle. We will not be counting guests in the vehicles. However, we will insist that only four guests get out of the vehicle at the time the graduate receives his/her diploma. Other than during this brief time, guests must remain in the vehicle. If you believe you have a circumstance that warrants something different from what we have planned, you are welcome to contact me. Please know there will be very limited exceptions to what has been described.
• Each graduate will be issued a commemorative face mask. We are asking that those be worn during the ceremony. We will allow a brief time period for the graduate to remove the mask for pictures.
• We will not have an opportunity to practice the program with the graduates. It will be very important to follow the directions of staff members that are working the event.
• We ask that you refrain from blowing the car horn, playing the car radio, or bringing balloons or noise makers.
• If graduates do not feel comfortable participating in this event, please let us know. We will make sure that the diploma is received at a different time and place.
Modified Graduation Ceremony
We appreciate the support of our local law enforcement and the City of Butler as we continue to work through the specific details of the high school graduation ceremony. With their support, along with the hard work of our staff, I believe that our graduates and their families will be pleased with the event. We have made every effort to consider the need for safety, the desire for family presence and student camaraderie. Please know the high school senior advisors will provide more details to graduates in the days to come. I am going to inform you of our plan, so you will have a general understanding of how the program will be conducted.
Graduation will be held on May 23rd beginning with the first students and guests arriving at the senior parking lot at 8:50. Each senior is allowed 4 guests in a car (including the driver). Graduates will receive an appointed time to arrive in the senior parking lot. Graduates will arrive in numbers of 20 and participate in the ceremony with 10 students at a time. The process will continue until all seniors have participated in the ceremony. Each graduate will be provided a facemask and must wear it at all times except for the brief time the photographs are taken.
• Graduates and guests arrive in the senior parking lot according to their designated times and wait for directions to move in a procession and stop in front of the Middle/High School.
• Guests remain in cars while students exit cars forming a socially distanced processional and move to the stage area in front of the Carter-Troutman gym/auditorium.
• As each student is called on stage to receive his/her diploma, the graduate’s guests will be allowed to pull down in front of the stage area, exit the car, and remain standing by the car. Guests will be allowed to take pictures, and there will also be a photographer available. When this is finished, the guests will return to the car and pull to a designated area to wait for their graduate.
• Graduates will come down from the stage and wait until all ten in the group have received diplomas. Then, they will be able to participate in the changing of the tassel and throwing of their graduation caps in the air. All of this will be done while observing social distancing. After completing this, each graduate will be escorted back to his/her car, and cars will exit toward East Main Street.
We will not have an opportunity to practice the program with the graduates. It will be very important to follow the directions of staff members that are working the event. For additional safety, all staff members will wear facemasks. We ask that you refrain from blowing the car horn or bringing balloons or noise makers.
We will be live-streaming and recording the entire ceremony. The recording will be edited and become part of a video that will be assembled for each graduate. Some portions of our traditional graduation ceremony will be recorded at a separate time and will be a part of the video as well. If graduates do not feel comfortable participating in this event, please let us know. We will make sure that the diploma is received at a different time and place. In the event of inclement weather, we will hold the event on May 24th.
We are canceling the Baccalaureate Service due to safety concerns. The scheduled speaker of that event has graciously agreed to record a message for the students, and it will be made available.